Preparedness Pantry Blog

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Well, I finally found something that just scares the hell out of me.

Take a minute to watch the video at this link; http://www.msnbc.msn.com/default.cdnx/id/11925653/displaymode/1157

MSNBC did themselves good with this operation. Every parent with small children out there should sit down and watch this.

As I watched it myself I could not but help but think what if this was one my kids?

Are people really that uncaring? Do they really think it's not their problem? Are they really that afraid to step up and protect a 7 year old little girl? How can someone walk away from a child in danger? And just what in the heck was that father walking with his son thinking as he saw the attempted abduction? He just walks away! What has this freaking country came to?

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm wired different. Maybe it's the Marine Corps programming in me. What I really think is it's how I was raised. You see something that is wrong like this and you can not possibly think of doing anything other than to step up and DO THE RIGHT THING! My hat is off though to those guys who did step up and do something. They may not know it, but they are part of the Sheepdog culture; those of us who stand ready to do what is right when it is needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home